Things will not be perfect, I know. However, we have a God who promised “I will never fail you; I will never abandon you” (Hebrews 13:5). Therefore, I know that he can give us his grace, wisdom and joy all throughout the year.
Let me tell you how my year has been so far.
- I have gone white-water rafting at the Sarapiqui River.
- I drove an ATV at the foot of Arenal Volcano.
- I finally saw the crater of Mount Poás (on my third trip to the volcano).
- I had eaten twice, for free, at Otero”s Pizza.
- I had a lunch buffet at a Japanese restaurant called Sake, also for free.
- I paid a whopping 34 cents to rebook my son’s flight back to the US!
What I have described are some highlights of our time with Alan, who is enjoying his vacation here in Costa Rica–avoiding the Polar Vortex that swept the US in recent days. He is one of the reasons why we are having such a blessed new year.
On other matters…
- I have written more than two dozen work-related emails.
- I deleted around 1,000 emails from my inbox.
- I started a Bible reading plan called “The Essential 100.”
- We have sent out our January newsletter to more than 400 friends.
- We are doing partnership development (a.k.a. “support raising), and we are almost halfway to our support quota.
- I have been praying that God would speak to me in my dreams, just like he did with Jacob and Joseph in the book of Genesis.
- My article on Strategic Prayer has been distributed to colleagues all over the world.
- I am halfway through my second round of Insanity, a truly insane exercise program!
The year has been hectic so far. Work will only pick up as people recover from the holidays. I rejoice because of the opportunity and honor of being a participant in fulfilling the mission of God. As I look forward to the next 352 days, I chose Proverbs 4:23 as my Bible verse for the year.
Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.
<Note: Advertisements that may appear below are not mine. Thanks for your understanding.>